The Oriental Band was established in June 1930 and had nine charter members. It was the fourth unit organized at Hadi Temple. The first performance of the Band was Ceremonial at the McCurdy Hotel.
Since then, the band has made many pilgrimages ranging from Canada to Miami, Florida, and from Dallas, Texas to New York City.
In 1973, the band obtained a truck and trailer to use in parades featuring "Clyde" the Camel. Clyde has since moved on, but the band still treads across the desert sands entertaining many people with our Great music and even greater members!